To motivate and mentor members for leadership roles to assist NRCS and partners in delivering natural resources conservation.
A professional organization working in harmony with its partners for natural resources conservation.
We are committed to:
- Stewardship of Natural Resources
- Collaboration, cooperation, consensus-building and collective action
- Fairness and equity
- Sharing our heritage and cultures
- Creative, innovative and critical thinking
- Honoring contributions to the Hispanic community
Purpose & Goal
The purpose of the National Organization of Professional Hispanic NRCS Employees is to assist NRCS in the delivery of program benefits and services to the Hispanic rural/urban community by strengthening NRCS efforts in the recruitment, retention, development, and advancement of Hispanics. The goal is to assist NRCS in the technology transfer of information to the Hispanic community. The purpose will be fulfilled by providing a forum that:
- Serves as a partner between the Hispanic community and NRCS/USDA in addressing natural resource management issues.
- Assists NRCS/USDA identify Hispanic community leaders to assist in the delivery of program benefits and services for the conservation of natural resources.
- Assists NRCS become the leader in the development of bilingual natural resources information for the efficient transfer of information.
- Assists NRCS meet its mission, vision, and goals in the conservation of natural resources among Hispanic customers and stakeholders.
- Assists NRCS and its partners identify and provide leadership training for Hispanic community leaders to promote stewardship of the land.
- Assists NRCS develop bilingual visual images that describe the agency mission and challenges.
- Serves in an advocacy role for increased recognition of Hispanics as a viable part of our NRCS workforce.
- Promotes a greater sense of pride, professionalism and unity among employees.
- Serves to increase awareness of Hispanic culture to leadership of the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- Strengthens relationships of Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) and other Universities with NRCS resulting in enhanced recruitment.
- Develops a network that fosters a productive working relationship between employees and leadership of NRCS.
- Assists in the enhancement of technical and leadership skills of employees to meet NRCS current and future needs by sponsoring scholarships, workshops, seminars, field days, and similar events.
- Creates opportunities for employees to gain experience, visibility and recognition.
- Encourages a mentor program that is sensitive to cultural, individual, and professional needs of employees to aid in their retention, development and advancement.
- Assists NRCS obtain ideas from the local level on improving delivery of program benefits and services for a healthy land and quality environment.
- Assists NRCS hear and understand the concerns from the Hispanic community on natural resource management issues.
- Enhances employees knowledge of local, state, national and international issues and concerns relative to USDA and NRCS.
- Serves as liaison between NRCS and the Hispanic Community in promoting the conservation of our nation’s natural resources.
Latest Revision Date: August 03, 2005