The purpose of the National Organization of Professional Hispanic NRCS Employees is to assist NRCS in the delivery of program benefits and services to the Hispanic rural/urban community by strengthening the agency efforts in the recruitment, retention, development, and advancement of Hispanics. The goal is to assist NRCS in the technology transfer of information to the Hispanic community.
The Recruitment and Career Development Committee helps our members achieve their career goals. These following are the responsibilities of this committee:
- Develop a marketing plan for the recruitment, retention, development, and advancement of Hispanics in agriculture.
- Facilitate recruitment of Hispanic Americans in agriculture, domestic and foreign jobs, with regards to public and private employment.
- Keep abreast of cooperative education programs to facilitate efforts to enhance participation of Hispanics in cooperative education programs.
- Develop and maintain contacts and relationships with Hispanic oriented organizations, groups and agencies as well as individuals with interest that are related to agriculture.
- Enhance and support NRCS mentoring program.
- Develop a strategy to strengthen the network of Hispanic employees and Hispanic Employment Program Managers.